Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sari Shopping




Last night we went sari shopping. The couple who live downstairs own the shop we went to. On the way there we picked up vegetables for dinner in the marketplace. When we arrived they pulled out sari after sari from the stacks shelved against the wall, and held them up to me for color. I finally chose a deep red and a deep blue. Tonight we go to find the blouse fabric, and tomorrow we measure me for the tailor making the blouse and petticoat. Claire is also picking out saris for many of Sajal’s family members and for friends who are coming to the wedding. By the time we finished it was after 8:30. We walked home in the blackout, and Claire cooked Antonio and me a light but delicious dinner.

Today Claire is at work, and I am working at home on my Isaiah commentary. It’s a beautiful, clear day with a pleasant breeze, very quiet. I am stealing internet from someone nearby. A very small signal, but at least a signal.

1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying your blog, Trisha! Thanks for letting us go along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete